Subject: Re: md5 Checksums?
From: [email-masked] ("Bernd Prager")

11 May 1997 12:39:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Original-To: Lorena   &   Rafael <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]>
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.53/R1)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> How can I get the checksum of a file to see if it matches the md5 chescksum appearing on md5sums file?
I tried the md5sum.exe that comes with the pgp distribution.
Unfortunately it takes different output than in the distribution file:

cygnus:
md5 sum for cdk.exe:
9fe57ae712c3a92b6a4881957edaffd9  cdk.exe

md5sum.exe -b cdk.exe
10f99e5df1da55b5cb60b77eca61d241 *cdk.exe

Seems not to be the right way ;-) ???

Bernd

_____________________________________________________________________
Bernd Prager
GECKO mbH; Wismarsche Str.3, 18057 Rostock; Germany					
http://www.gecko.de

PGP Key fingerprint = 83 54 6A 3B 7A 9D 6C 0E F3 41 CE 99 11 30 B7 D6
public key by mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=SendPGPKey
_____________________________________________________________________
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".