Subject: RE: B18 and dlls
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

10 May 1997 12:08:42 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC5D4C.350D6820.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:
>     Until this morning, I was able to build dll with b17, with method 
>     described in this mailing list.
>     
>     WITH BETA18, things that compile well this morning, are now broken!!!
>     
>     when starting program: a popup window comes saying "Could not find 
>     (garbage characters).DLL"
>     
>     Have you such problems?

Just reporting that no, I don't have any problems, at least building my
simple DLL test with b18. Works fine. The error message you give reminds
me of the kind of thing that happens when the import list is not
properly terminated, that problem behaved very weirdly (it would go away
if the first DLL imported only had one or two references, and come back
if there were more) so I wonder if maybe the change in beta 18 has
simply made an earlier harmless bug become apparent in your code.

Another suggestion is that maybe you didn't recompile all your libraries
and object code. If I remember correctly there was a change in the bfd
libraries in this release. That the change would have anything to do
with your problem is wild speculation however.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - [email-masked]
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".