Subject: how do you run .bat files under bash?
From: [email-masked] ("John R. Dennis")

9 May 1997 21:00:32 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm stumped. From within a bash shell how do I execute a .bat script?

BTW, I don't want to have to do anything verbose like invoke cmd.com
with the name of the script, I just want to be able to type the name
of the script on the command line and/or be able to invoke it from
within another script (or via a "system" call).

It seems to me that the convention of #!/path/to/script/interpretor
as the first line won't work if the script is invoked from a normal
win32 environment. Basically what I'm looking for is the ability to
invoke scripts from any environment without regard to the environment
I'm in. How do I do this?

John

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".