Subject: Re: Cross compilation for MIPS/68000 embedded applications.
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

8 May 1997 02:06:24 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked] (Imerio Ballarini)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Imerio Ballarini" at May 7, 97 11:38:07 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Imerio Ballarini wrote:
> 
> > I've built the 17.1 distribution of GCC as a cross compiler for the MIPS
> > processor and have got it to compile all of my embedded app. On linking
> > however,
[...]
> Me thinks I'll have to get stuck into the compiler - but I'm so scared!

For the record, I'd like to point out that the gnu-win32 betas are made
from development snapshots.  The only configuration that I test is the
i386-cygwin32 native one.  Your mileage will vary once you leave that
configuration.

</begin shameless-advert>
The sources used for Cygnus customer releases are regression tested
on many different hosts against many different targets and are stable
for use in commercial environments.  The few critical bugs that come up
are dealt with promptly.  Those of you who are interested in using
the GNU tools in the embedded space (who aren't already customers) should
at least consider taking out a support contract from Cygnus.  If you're
interested, send mail to [email-masked].  I don't know when i386-cygwin32
hosted cross-toolchains will be available for what targets but someone
should get back to you with the answers...
</end shameless-advert>

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".