Subject: Unix like Tcl/Tk and extensions anyone ?
From: [email-masked] (Andreas Bischoff)

5 May 1997 20:17:44 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (X11; I; SunOS 5.4 sun4m)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all,

after some sleepless nights I decided to ask this list :-)

I'm trying to build Tcl7.6/Tk7.4 from the unix sources.
I know that there is a windows distribution available but AFAIK
I can't use it: 
In addition to the core tcl/tk I also need a bunch of extensions:
Tix, tclX, BLT, itcl/itk, et

There is no windows port of blt (at least I didn't find any).
So if I try to use the windows tk together with a nonwindows (X11)
blt, they don't cooperate, of course.

Therefore my attempt to build everything the unix way.

But I'm having problems already with tcl:
getsockoptions is missing from cygwin, also mkfifo.
I tried to get it from libwsock32.a, but didn't succeed.
nm shows a getsockopt@20.

Searching through the archives I found an email that it is
possible to mix unix sockets and winsock, but it was also
mentioned, that it's not so easy.

Did anybody build tcl/tk with cugwin32 ?
BTW, I managed to build libX11.a, thanks to the patch from 
Sergei Okhapkin, thanks a lot.
Therefore I'm optimistic that if I get tcl running, the rest
should be also possible.

TIA,
		Andreas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".