Subject: Re: Is RPC and XDR supported?5
From: [email-masked] (Ben Elliston)

5 May 1997 16:09:15 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Uwe Wuerfel <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> What I want to know is: are there libraries for RPC / XDR, since I couldn't 
> find some in the standard distribution. On Unix they seem to be included 
> with a compiler distribution. 

Haven't seen one, although I have done a lot of dabbling in the Linux RPC
code and I can tell you that it would be fairly trivial to implement RPC
using that code as a reference.

Also, there is Microsoft RPC in WinNT.  Is it compatible with Sun RPC?  If
it is, that might save you a lot of work -- just link in that native
library at compile time.

Ben
---
Ben Elliston
<[email-masked]>

"For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier. I put them in the same
 room and let them fight it out." -- Steven Wright

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".