Subject: RE: 'ls /' does not work
From: Brian Beuning <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

5 May 1997 11:55:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC5944.87E56FE0.cygnus.gnu-win32@BRIANB>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "'Hemal Pandya'"
	 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I used to have a similar problem with du.  A du under the root
directory would give some error (if I remember right it was about
not finding a '..' entry).  The error has since gone away, but it
might be because we are using NTFS instead of FAT now.

Brian Beuning

----------
From: 	Hemal Pandya
Sent: 	Friday, May 02, 1997 10:42 PM
To: 	[email-masked]
Subject: 	'ls /' does not work

I am using beta17.1. running on Windows 95
'ls /' gives no output, either from within bash or at command.com
prompt. Similarly pressing tab after / also provides no completions.

mount says c: is mounted on /, which is what is is in the registry
too. If I delete the registry entry, both mount and bash restore the entry.
Even if I change the registry entry to c:\ or c:\\, bash changes it to
c:.

After providing a directory name under root, for example /gnu-win32/
filename completion works, as also ls.

Any ideas? TIA,

-- 
Hemal Pandya mailto:[email-masked]  phone:(908)340-9455

First He created computers, but they couldn't make mistakes
So He created programmers

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".