Subject: Global Constructors, Objc, and dlls
From: [email-masked] ("Stephen Crowley")

4 May 1997 18:16:04 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.0603.0
Original-To: "GNU-Win32 List" <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.0603.0
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Has anyone tried using objective-c with gnuwin32, I downloaded the
libobjc.a source and compiled it, linked it as a dll and everything works
perfectly, but when i try making a dll with objecitve-c code in it it seems
to create an invalid dll, says "Cant start program" or something to that
effect. I am thinking it has something to do with global constructors, or
relocations or something weird like that, the debugger is of no use because
the exe will never start, it page faults in kernel32.dll. Please dont tell
me to just build them as a static lib becuase i know its possible to have
objc code in a dll, libobjc.a has .m code in it and it works fine, but if i
build my own object it creates an invalid dll. Ive been working on this for
a week and its really frustrating me, if anyone can help I'd really
appreciate it.

--Stephen Crowley

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".