Subject: termcap/curses
From: [email-masked] (eric hilton)

3 May 1997 23:03:41 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I compiled rogue985 after a few small source edits ($(CC) and termcap
dir) it compiled clean except for some signal() warnings. It seems to
start fine and shows the intro map but it doesnt seem to accept any kind
of keyboard input and/or it isn't updating the screen. I noticed the
default (and only) termcap entry is pretty sparse here it is:

ansi:all we know about:\
	:co#80:li#24:cl=50\E[;H\E[2J:bs:am:cm=\E[%i%d;%dH:\
	:nd=\E[C:up=\E[A:ce=\E[K:ho=\E[H:pt:

Wondering if anyone happens to know what the problem may be, and also if
there is any more functional termcaps. Another thing I changed was to
add another entry 'dumb:' rogue seemed to want it.

Other info: Compiling on a Win95 machine, with the built-in curses
functions that the author of rogue re-wrote for people without curses.
Also it doesnt accept ^C to break out. (ie ^C doesnt break it, i have to
close it from win95)

It may also be a curses incompatibility. Has a working ncurses been
ported with cygwin.

Sorry if any of this is newbie, I read the faqs, really I did.

-Eric
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".