Subject: Link problems
From: [email-masked] (Mark A Gregory)

3 May 1997 12:16:05 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

my link seems to be getting better, I can link with libiberty.a and this removes the random/srandom problem,
however as can be seen below there are still some problems.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the multiple reference to impure.c?  This seems to be in libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o) and libc.a(impure.c).

also in libc.a there is an undefined reference to __progname in getopt.c   What do I do about this?

My other problems are application specific and I need assistance from the wolfpack.
thank you

gcc -o emp_server main.o idle.o shutdown.o update.o marketup.o timestamp.o lostitem.o /empire/emp4/lib/libplayer.a /empire/emp4/lib/
libupdate.a /empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a /empire/emp4/lib/libsubs.a /empire/emp4/lib/libcommon.a /empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a /empire
/emp4/lib/libglobal.a /empire/emp4/lib/libas.a /empire/emp4/lib/libempth.a /empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a   -lm -lc -liberty
e:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/lib/libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o)(.data+
0x0):libccrt0.cc: multiple definition of `_impure_ptr'
e:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(impure.o)(.data+0x2ec):
impure.c: first defined here
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(info.o)(.text+0x552):info.c: undefined reference to `alphasort'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(info.o)(.text+0x56c):info.c: undefined reference to `scandir'
/empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a(io.o)(.text+0xc33):io.c: undefined reference to `shutdown'
/empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a(io.o)(.text+0xc5c):io.c: undefined reference to `shutdown'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x39b):lwp.c: undefined reference to `sigmask'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x65e):lwp.c: undefined reference to `lwpInitContext'
e:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(getopt.o): In function
`getopt':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/getopt.c:90: undefined reference to `__progname'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/getopt.c:107: undefined reference to `__progname'
make: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [binaries] Error 2
make: *** [win32] Error 2

Mark A Gregory
Senior Lecturer
Department of Communication and Electronic Engineering
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".