Subject: building a cross compiler
From: [email-masked] (Irio Lavagno)

2 May 1997 20:32:03 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (X11; I; Linux 2.0.27 i586)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I tried to build a cross compiler version of cygwin32 on my linux box
everything works well until it tries
to build the utils, at this point it complains as follows

configuring in utils
running /bin/sh ./configure  --host=i386-cygwin32
--with-cross-host=i586-pc-linux-gnu --with-target-subdir=i386-cygwin32
--cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
loading cache .././config.cache
checking for gcc... (cached) /usr/local/src/cygwin32/gcc/xgcc
-B/usr/local/src/cygwin32/gcc/ -idirafter
/usr/local/src/cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/newlib/targ-include -idirafter
/usr/local/src/cygwin32/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in . ./..
../../..
configure: error: ./configure failed for utils
make: *** [configure-target-winsup] Error 1

I've been able to make it compile anyway copying the install.sh in one
of the dirs it looks in, but I'm not 
sure this is the best way to solve the problem.
The command line I use to build this cross-compiler is (as stated by
Geoffrey Noer in one of his answers):
configure --target=i386-cygwin32

Configure completes successfully, but make fails after a while with the
above message.

Thanks for your help

Irio Lavagno
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".