Subject: 'ls /' does not work
From: [email-masked] (Hemal Pandya)

2 May 1997 20:30:36 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.3/Emacs 19.34
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I am using beta17.1. running on Windows 95
'ls /' gives no output, either from within bash or at command.com
prompt. Similarly pressing tab after / also provides no completions.

mount says c: is mounted on /, which is what is is in the registry
too. If I delete the registry entry, both mount and bash restore the entry.
Even if I change the registry entry to c:\ or c:\\, bash changes it to
c:.

After providing a directory name under root, for example /gnu-win32/
filename completion works, as also ls.

Any ideas? TIA,

-- 
Hemal Pandya mailto:[email-masked]  phone:(908)340-9455

First He created computers, but they couldn't make mistakes
So He created programmers

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".