Subject: NT services and gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Steve Coleman)

2 May 1997 20:18:22 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Steve Coleman)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Mailer: exmh version 1.6.7 5/3/96
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I just downloaded the cygwin suite and ported my first Unix source code to NT 
yesterday and I was quite impressed with the ease at which I was able to do 
it. The program (a derivative of the TIS toolkit "smap") works fine from the 
command line but needs to run as a daemon on the system to be useful.  I then 
tried to use the NT resource kit (srvany.exe) to load the application as an NT 
service.  Everything works fine until someone logs out of the system at which 
time NT (sends messages? WM_ENDSESSION and CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT) kills it. If the 
service is loaded when the machine boots the process still dies when the first 
person logs out.  Even the cygwin nohup.exe does not help.

Questions: Is there any way to trap/ignore this action within a cygwin 
application?  Compile options? Runtime signal processing? Special loading 
instructions for a service? 

Thanks.

Steve Coleman		[email-masked]
vox: 301.286.7636       fax: 301.286.0317

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".