Subject: Re: Codeview debugging info
From: [email-masked] (Dave Bakin)

2 May 1997 19:11:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: JP Shipherd <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Although the system will automatically bring up one debugger, you get to
pick the debugger.  On Windows 95 look in win.ini for [aedebug].  On Windows
NT look in the registry for an aedebug key.  Look at the knowledge base
articles at http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q103/8/61.htm and
http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q138/7/86.htm.  So if you want to
always launch gdb, try setting up the system for it and see if it works.
(Let us know!)

-- Dave

At 05:59 PM 5/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>  I'm wondering in Cygnus ever plans to offer an option to generate
>Codeview debugging info (instead of stabs).  Windows NT Task Manager lets
>you click on any process and debug it, however it only brings up codeview
>(if it is loaded on your system).
>
>  There are also a variety of products (BoundChecker, etc), that work on
>code with Codeview debugging info.  The Watcom compiler provides this
>option and it really lets me choose both a superior compiler and my choice
>of popular debugging tools.
>
>Thanks,
>--jp
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".