Subject: System V IPC (shared memory)
From: [email-masked] (Ben Elliston)

2 May 1997 13:13:09 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am trying to compile a UNIX utility that uses System V IPC.  To be more
precise, it uses the shm_* shared memory system calls.

On most UNIX systems, these functions are prototyped in
/usr/include/sys/ipc.h and the code #includes <sys/ipc.h>.  There is no
such header file in the Cygwin headers, so I'm wondering what is the state
of these UNIX primitives being emulated on Win32?

According to some API documentation I've read, it should be possible to
almost directly map shared memory onto shared memory-mapped files in
Win32.

Can someone fill me in on what's happening in this area?  I'm happy to
look into it more closely myself, but there's no point if it's being
worked on already.

Thanks,
Ben

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".