Subject: link problems
From: [email-masked] (Mark A Gregory)

29 Apr 1997 12:34:48 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've realised that I was trying to build the client so I have commented this out and moved on.
now I get the following build error.

would anyone on the gnu-win32 list have any ideas

Any ideas?

gcc -o emp_server main.o idle.o shutdown.o update.o marketup.o timestamp.o lostitem.o /empire/emp4/lib/libplayer.a /empire/emp4/lib/
libupdate.a /empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a /empire/emp4/lib/libsubs.a /empire/emp4/lib/libcommon.a /empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a /empire
/emp4/lib/libglobal.a /empire/emp4/lib/libas.a /empire/emp4/lib/libempth.a /empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a   -lm -lc
e:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/lib/libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o)(.data+
0x0):libccrt0.cc: multiple definition of `_impure_ptr'
e:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(impure.o)(.data+0x2ec):
impure.c: first defined here
main.o(.text+0x398):main.c: undefined reference to `srandom'
/empire/emp4/lib/libupdate.a(land.o)(.text+0x1a34):land.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libupdate.a(revolt.o)(.text+0xe5):revolt.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libupdate.a(revolt.o)(.text+0x1e0):revolt.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libupdate.a(revolt.o)(.text+0xbe3):revolt.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libupdate.a(revolt.o)(.text+0xc90):revolt.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libupdate.a(revolt.o)(.text+0xc97):revolt.c: more undefined references to `random' follow
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(mfir.o)(.text+0x2324):mfir.c: undefined reference to `srandom'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(mfir.o)(.text+0x237d):mfir.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(mfir.o)(.text+0x366b):mfir.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(mfir.o)(.text+0x3676):mfir.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(info.o)(.text+0x552):info.c: undefined reference to `alphasort'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(info.o)(.text+0x56c):info.c: undefined reference to `scandir'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(laun.o)(.text+0x16f7):laun.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(new.o)(.text+0x3a5):new.c: undefined reference to `srandom'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(new.o)(.text+0x3d9):new.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(new.o)(.text+0x402):new.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(news.o)(.text+0x7b2):news.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(news.o)(.text+0x83b):news.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(torp.o)(.text+0x107c):torp.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libcommands.a(torp.o)(.text+0x1083):torp.c: more undefined references to `random' follow
/empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a(io.o)(.text+0xc33):io.c: undefined reference to `shutdown'
/empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a(io.o)(.text+0xc5c):io.c: undefined reference to `shutdown'
/empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a(chance.o)(.text+0x77):chance.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/libgen.a(chance.o)(.text+0xc7):chance.c: undefined reference to `random'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x127):lwp.c: undefined reference to `sigsetmask'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x132):lwp.c: undefined reference to `sigsetmask'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x39b):lwp.c: undefined reference to `sigmask'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x3a6):lwp.c: undefined reference to `sigsetmask'
/empire/emp4/lib/liblwp.a(lwp.o)(.text+0x65e):lwp.c: undefined reference to `lwpInitContext'
e:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/../../../../i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(getopt.o): In function
`getopt':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/getopt.c:90: undefined reference to `__progname'
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/getopt.c:107: undefined reference to `__progname'
make: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [binaries] Error 2
make: *** [win32] Error 2

Mark A Gregory
Senior Lecturer
Department of Communication and Electronic Engineering
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".