Subject: What about beta 18?
From: [email-masked] ("H. Fernandes")

26 Apr 1997 09:57:25 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0 (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: "H. Fernandes" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Dear programmer fellows from Cygnus and gnu-win32

Words can't tell how good is to be part of this list, where 
gnu-win32, a very interesting thing, is being discussed and 
built.

I use Unix and Windows 95.  The flexibility, power and 
portability of the Unix utilities is charming and it would be 
very good to have them also in Windows 95 and NT.  

It would be very interesting to try some Unix tricks in 
gnu-win32 bash and other utilities, and to write down a bug list.  
It would be fun to try to fix some bugs and even to develop or 
port missing utilities, like more, less, df and even 
man.

However, yesterday everyone could read a notice by Cygnus people
encharged of gnu-win32: beta 18 is coming soon.  

First, we all must thank them for the good news and their very good 
work: beta 17.1 was released not much time ago.  In the end of 96, 
I guess.

Second, it is a good idea to ask Cygnus people a feature list of beta 
18, as well as its previewed deliver.  Othe questions that come to 
mind are:
- Which bugs were fixed?
- Was any other utility officially ported?  Are utilities like 
  split and cat smarter concerning the use of binary files?

Best regards to you all,
++H. Fernandes

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
H. Fernandes  programmer, instructor of C++ and object-oriented design
email:        [email-masked]
www:          http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5567
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".