Subject: Re: String.h vs string.h bug...
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

25 Apr 1997 16:46:38 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Ryan C. Gordon" at Apr 25, 97 04:29:22 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> Very simply, when compiling a C++ program that includes <string.h>, 
> the preprocessor includes <String.h> from the C++ include directory, 
> instead of the (lower case) string.h from the C include dir.

This is a known problem with the beta 17.1 release.  It will be fixed
in the upcoming beta 18 release.

The solution is to rename the conflicting files and then create a map file
for the compiler which maps the correct names to the new names.  Thus
String.h becomes _string.h and header.gcc contains a mapping from
String.h to _string.h.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".