Subject: using multicast socket options
From: [email-masked] ("Andrew Patrick")

25 Apr 1997 16:11:05 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.53/R1)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I am trying to port a UNIX multicast application to Win32 and the 
GNU-Win32 development tools are of interest to me because of the 
familiar environment they provide.

I have run into a problem with the setsockopt() call.  Here is the 
code fragment I am using.

if (setsockopt(s, IPPROTO_IP, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, 
     (char *)&mreq, sizeof(mreq)) < 0)   
  {
  perror("IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP");
  exit(1);
  }

The problem is that this code compiles fine but produces a run-time 
error of "This option is unsupported".  Not being familiar with the 
GNU compile tools, and the Win32 environment in general, I don't know 
where this message is coming from.  Is this a limitation of the 
GNU-Win32 libraries?  Is there something I can do to get multicast 
support in my GNU-Win32 programs?

Thanks

---
Andrew Patrick <[email-masked]>
Communications Research Centre   http://debra.dgbt.doc.ca/~andrew/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".