Subject: Re: NEED HELP: linking an exe with windows lib files
From: [email-masked]

24 Apr 1997 00:29:28 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

From:	IFK20::DAHMS        23-APR-1997 23:38:25.75
To:	MX%"[email-masked]"
CC:	DAHMS
Subj:	Re: NEED HELP: linking an exe with windows lib files

Hi Peter, you wrote:

: Note that even when programs try not to Q-P unnecessarily, things like
: space at EOL, or TAB characters, or "From" in pos.1 will make for
: "unsafe transfers" and prompt Q-P to be used.

I'm aware of problems. My intent was just new users should check their
configuration possibilities for e.g. "Q-P only if needed", since in cited
mail it isn't.

: but really, the path of least resistance seems to be to
: just "go with the flow" and get yourself a mailer that handles MIME.

Seems so, but I'm still thinking about if it's worth for old VAX/VMS.
What makes me angry is that almost everybody uses it, although RFC says
"be conservative in what you send" IIRR, so they should take MIME out of
draft to final and/or make it required instead of elective!

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".