Subject: Completiion problem
From: [email-masked] (Barry Roberts)

23 Apr 1997 10:32:42 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Novell GroupWise 4.1
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

This isn't a BIG, problem, but I have noticed that file and path-name
completion (using TAB) under bash has some quirks.  For example, I
have a /GnuWin32 directory in the root of my e: drive (mounted as /). 
There are no other files or directories that start with 'g'.  There are
certain points where pressing tab will complete the directory name. 
Pressing tab at any other point just beeps.  If I type 'cd /gn' and press tab,
it works, if I type 'cd /GnuW' (case matters), itworks, any other
combination, it just beeps.

I have re-compiled bash with the case-insensitive patches from Wade
Richards, but I am pretty sure I was having the same problem before.

TIA,
Barry Roberts

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".