Subject: tar network capable?
From: [email-masked] (Christoph Kukulies)

23 Apr 1997 03:53:13 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

b17

I'm getting a stack backtrace (exception):

bash$ ./tar cvf escunix:/dev/rst0
(tar.exe 1011) In cygwin_except_handler
(tar.exe 1011) Exception trapped!
(tar.exe 1011) exception C0000005 at 40D32F
(tar.exe 1011) exception: ax 0 bx BF202C cx 12FB6C dx BF2034
(tar.exe 1011) exception: si 5 di 100016A3 bp 12F600 sp 12F59C
(tar.exe 1011) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(tar.exe 1011) Stack trace:
(tar.exe 1011) frame 0: sp = 0x12F3D0, pc = 0x10002A68
(tar.exe 1011) frame 1: sp = 0x12F3EC, pc = 0x77F94072
(tar.exe 1011) frame 2: sp = 0x12F410, pc = 0x77F88A53
(tar.exe 1011) frame 3: sp = 0x12F49C, pc = 0x77F75E82
(tar.exe 1011) frame 4: sp = 0x12F600, pc = 0x402248
(tar.exe 1011) frame 5: sp = 0x12F660, pc = 0x40AA32
(tar.exe 1011) frame 6: sp = 0x12F680, pc = 0x41134A
(tar.exe 1011) frame 7: sp = 0x12F690, pc = 0x10001EBB
(tar.exe 1011) frame 8: sp = 0x12FF9C, pc = 0x10001ECF
(tar.exe 1011) frame 9: sp = 0x12FFA8, pc = 0x427A90
(tar.exe 1011) frame 10: sp = 0x12FFB8, pc = 0x401012
(tar.exe 1011) frame 11: sp = 0x12FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1
(tar.exe 1011) frame 12: sp = 0x12FFF0, pc = 0x0
(tar.exe 1011) End of stack trace              

Does anyone know of a working gnu-tar that can be invoked from
Win32 (Win32s) environments? Please don't cite GTAR - I tested it
and I would vote it for the contest 'worst command line interface
of the month' while I would suggest WINTAR (shareware) for the
worst GUI interface :-)

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".