Subject: Re: GNU-Win32 m68K cross compiler
From: [email-masked] ("David Fiddes")

21 Apr 1997 01:57:55 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.0544.0
Original-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.0544.0
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

You can pick up a m68k-coff win32 compiler that isn't setup for anything
wierd and wonderful(I used --target=m68k-unknown-coff) for my web site.

http://www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/

yours,
Dave

Dave Fiddes, CALM Software Production Officer
Department of Mathematics, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
email [email-masked] - Tel: 0131-451-3251
----
From: Jan Ove Etterlid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 20 April 1997 20:50
Subject: GNU-Win32 m68K cross compiler

>[email-masked]
>
>I am have finished  downloading the source for the "GNU-Win32 release
>beta 17.1".
>The binary is already up end running one my PC (pentium 100, Win NT
>3.51).
>I need a compiler for m68K-coff. I want to use it to generate code to
>run on US-robotics Pilot.
>I have already tried the "Feb 26 - win32-pilot-gcc", but these have
>limits on both code and data size (less than 32K), and I need data and
>code size of some hundred Kb.
>My idea is to use a standard Gcc m68k cross compiler and standard coff
>format (hopefully with no limitations on code and data sizes). And to
>put the user interface and OS calls in a smaller program generated with
>the already existent win32-pilot-gcc, which have all the necessary
>PalmOs library interface up and running, and start the big coff code
>from these smaller "win32-pilot-gcc" generated program and have these
>two programs interact with each other.
>These save me from a lot of work with PalmOS interface libraries.
>The problem is that I have never before built a Gcc cross compiler,
>assembler and linker from the source. And I have spent a lot of time
>reading the readme- and install files, but I do not manage to make these
>new compiler.
>Is there anyone who can give me a list of the steps I have to go to
>build a GNU-Win32 gcc cross compiler, assembler and linker which can
>produce  m68k coff format executable files, running on Win NT 3.51
>pentium PC?
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".