Subject: GNU-Win32 m68K cross compiler
From: [email-masked] (Jan Ove Etterlid)

20 Apr 1997 08:25:29 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked]

I am have finished  downloading the source for the "GNU-Win32 release
beta 17.1".
The binary is already up end running one my PC (pentium 100, Win NT
3.51).
I need a compiler for m68K-coff. I want to use it to generate code to
run on US-robotics Pilot.
I have already tried the "Feb 26 - win32-pilot-gcc", but these have 
limits on both code and data size (less than 32K), and I need data and
code size of some hundred Kb.
My idea is to use a standard Gcc m68k cross compiler and standard coff
format (hopefully with no limitations on code and data sizes). And to
put the user interface and OS calls in a smaller program generated with
the already existent win32-pilot-gcc, which have all the necessary
PalmOs library interface up and running, and start the big coff code
from these smaller "win32-pilot-gcc" generated program and have these
two programs interact with each other.
These save me from a lot of work with PalmOS interface libraries.
The problem is that I have never before built a Gcc cross compiler,
assembler and linker from the source. And I have spent a lot of time
reading the readme- and install files, but I do not manage to make these
new compiler.
Is there anyone who can give me a list of the steps I have to go to
build a GNU-Win32 gcc cross compiler, assembler and linker which can
produce  m68k coff format executable files, running on Win NT 3.51
pentium PC?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".