Subject: Problem linking Python 1.4 w/ 17.1 on NT4.0
From: [email-masked] (David Ascher)

19 Apr 1997 17:40:02 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SGI.3.95q.970419194310.28177A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@maigret>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: da@maigret
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all.

I've had good luck w/ 17.1 (my first encounter with cygwin32), got grep,
libreadline.a compiled, fine.  scsh was quite problematic, so I gave up
(no sys/un.h, arpa/nameser.h, timezone problems, etc.).

Now I'm trying Python 1.4 (www.python.org).  It configures just
beautifully, but fails to link: undefined references to pause, setpwent,
cygwin32_getsockopt.  Why is that?  They seem to be defined in the .h
files at least.  Are there any -l flags I should add?  [Note: there are
lots of other posix references in the Python binary -- I'm a bit puzzled
as to why those three are problematic when the others aren't].

Any hints appreciated.

--david ascher

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".