Subject: Re: NetKit
From: [email-masked] (I.Ioannou)

19 Apr 1997 06:42:37 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Hops: 0
Host: cygnus.com.
Posted-Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 10:04:52 -0200 (GMT)
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.0/32.354
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:13:03 -0500 (CDT), "Edward S. Marshall"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Has anyone tried getting any of Linux's NetKit package compiled under
>gnu-win32? I'd be interested in hearing horror stories (main reason I want
>it is for an inetd service and some basic inetd-related services (telnetd,
>ftpd, fingerd, etc, as well as for a console-mode telnet client).
>

I have tried it. I managed to compile telnetd, but I got a "no tty
free" message, because there is no ptty support. I comment out this
point in sources, and I got a 3.2 BSD (nice isn'it ?) login message,
but nothing else.

I couldn't managed to compile anything else.

(For a console telnet try http://www.chrysalis.org/jbj/ . It is
native, not cycnus port, but it is good)

-- 

I.Ioannou ([email-masked])

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".