Subject: Catching g++ error output
From: [email-masked] (James Paul Morgan)

18 Apr 1997 02:34:46 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Well, this question is less about the Cygnus win32 itself and more about 
one of the tools included with it, but...

Is there any way to capture the error output from g++ when it fails on a 
compile?  Sometimes, a few simple typos or minor bugs can generate more 
than a screen-full of output, and so I loose the earliest lines.  

On UNIX w/ Xwindows, I can just scroll back within the window.  But 
Windows95 doesn't have that option.  I've tried using '>' to dump it into 
a file, but that didn't work.  (I didn't expect it to as it doesn't on 
UNIX, but I figured I'd try.)  

Any suggestions of some way to manipulate the bash or possibly an add-on 
I could download or some simple trick I've just missed would be appreciated.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".