Subject: Re: Problem with file permissions
From: [email-masked] (James Paul Morgan)

16 Apr 1997 23:47:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: "Moenck Bob (NORANDA)" <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <c=CA%a=_%p=NORANDA%l=NORANDA/NORINC/[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Moenck Bob (NORANDA) wrote:

> 3)   I down loaded some of the other Release 14 applications.
>        But I am at a loss as to how to build them.
>        In particular V seems to require the Borland C compiler.
>        Can it be built with g++ ?
>
There are pre-compiled libraries for V for the Borland and other 
compilers.  However, if you want to run V under Cygnus for Win95, you 
have to compile it from source.
 
I have compiled the V GUI with g++ with virtually 100% success.  There is 
a file on Wampler's FTP site called vwin116.zip, which is the source 
code.  You'll also want to check out GNUWIN32.HOW and GNUWIN32.MAK.  The 
steps in .HOW are necessary for successful compilation.  However, I ran 
into quite a few problems with the .MAK.  If you're good at Makefiles, 
then you'll have no problems.  If not, send me an email and I'll send you 
my Makefiles.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".