Subject: Re: win32 xterm
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

16 Apr 1997 09:53:05 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked] (Deep Summer - Home of Web Site Designs Extraordinare)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Deep Summer - Home of Web Site Designs Extraordinare" at Apr 16, 97 03:24:14 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>     Someone else was mentioning Win xterm - is this possible?
>     Anyone done it/doing it?

Sergey Okhapkin mentions that cygwin32 lacks pseudo terminal support, so
xterm cannot be easily built. You can run xterm remotely and display it
on your win95 box, though.

   Arlindo.

-- 

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
   |                                                                 |
   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/    mailto://[email-masked]    |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/            Home: (301) 754-1121           |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         FAX: (301) 805-7959           |
   |                                                                 |
   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".