Subject: Re: Pre-compiled X11R6.3 libraries available
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

15 Apr 1997 20:59:51 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked] (Christian Soeller)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Christian Soeller" at Apr 15, 97 11:05:03 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> Finally, will X11 work on a laptop without a network connection ? Is the
> speed reasonable ?

Yep, this is precisely what I do. Performance is quite good, even for
animation (of geophysical flows, that is). The only glitch I know of is
the occasional delayed handling of X events.

   Arlindo.

-- 

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
   |                                                                 |
   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/    mailto://[email-masked]    |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/            Home: (301) 754-1121           |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         FAX: (301) 805-7959           |
   |                                                                 |
   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".