Subject: Re: Pre-compiled X11R6.3 libraries available
From: [email-masked] (Christian Soeller)

15 Apr 1997 04:24:11 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01BC481B.19833F80@sos>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: Sergey Okhapkin's message of Sun, 13 Apr 1997 14:54:01 +0400
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.2.10/Emacs 19.30
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]> writes:

> 
> I'm sure the problems is with uninitialized reent_data and __impure_ptr in 
> a DLLs. I already posted here the patch to cygwin to avoid this problem.
> 

Part of the problem is that cygnus never seems to get round to making
patched cygwin.dll/compiler etc. available in binary form (i.e. bug reports
>/dev/null for the time being). Does anyone have patched binaries available
for download ?

Finally, will X11 work on a laptop without a network connection ? Is the
speed reasonable ?

 Christian

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Christian Soeller                         mailto: [email-masked]
St. Georges Hospital Medical School       Dept. of Pharmacology
Cranmer Terrace                           London SW17 0RE
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".