Subject: Absolute file-path under bash (cygwin32)
From: [email-masked] (Do Hung Cuong)

14 Apr 1997 14:40:18 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am trying to 'reorganize' my environment variables for 'bash' under
WinNT-4.0 (cygwin32). For this aim I start no more 'bash' directly as
executable, but a wrapper batch file instead. Inside this batch file I
set the needed environment variables like "GCC_EXEC_PREFIX" or others
("LIBRARY_PATH", "C_INCLUDE_PATH", ...) for using with cygwin32-gcc. At
end of the batch I start 'bash.exe'. I must do so, in order to test
other gcc-environments (EMX). After this change I get the following
problem:

- All drives on my PC are 'mounted' under corresponding mount-points (D:
under /d, E: under /e and so on).
- If I use file expansion after entering such a command like 'vim'
beginning with a mount point for a drive (like /d), the file expansion
worked well, so that I get a whole absolute file-path like
"/d/directory/filename", which points to an exist file. The editor says
however, it is editing a new file. The window title was changed to
"VIM - e:\d\directory\filename". Drive "e:" was added curiously before
the absolute file-path.
- There is no problem for a cygwin32-command like 'cat' in the same
situation.

My significant 'bash' environment variables are listed below:

!E:=E:\users\hcd
BASH=/usr/bin/bash.exe
BASH_VERSION=1.14.7(1)
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/g/cygnus/include/g++
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/i386-cygwin32/include
EUID=500
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=g:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
HISTFILE=/e/users/hcd/.bash_history
HISTFILESIZE=100
HISTSIZE=100
HOME=/e/users/hcd
HOMEDRIVE=F:
HOMEPATH=\
LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
PATH=.:/usr/bin:/f/WINNT4.0D/system32:/f/WINNT4.0D:/e/MSDEV/BIN:/usr/bin:/g/usr_local/bin:/g/usr_local/rcs:/i/java/jdk-1.0.2/bin
PWD=/e/users/hcd
SHELL=/bin/sh

I believe, there was not this problem before, but I cannot remember,
what is wrong after my changes. So please help who can. Thank.

-- 
---
     _/  _/  _/_/  _/_/    Do Hung Cuong
    _/  _/ _/  _/ _/  _/   E-Mail: [email-masked]
   _/_/_/ _/     _/   _/
  _/  _/ _/     _/   _/
 _/  _/   _/_/ _/_/_/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".