Subject: Re: X11R6.3: libICE.a & libSM.a fixes
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

9 Apr 1997 18:42:53 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Sergey Okhapkin" at Mar 31, 97 11:21:45 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Sergey,

   As I mentioned in a previous message, I was having trouble with the
X11R6.3 libraries. Every time I linked an application to libICE.a
and libSM.a I was getting an invalid executable on my win95 box.
Since then I rebuilt these libraries as static (by default they are
DLL) and the problem goes away. Since I don't understand dlltool, I have 
no clue of what is going on. 

   Arlindo.

ps: The X11R6.3 libraries on my server haven't been updated yet.

-- 

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
   |                                                                 |
   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/    mailto://[email-masked]    |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/            Home: (301) 754-1121           |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         FAX: (301) 805-7959           |
   |                                                                 |
   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".