Subject: Here-Scripts in bash
From: [email-masked] (Axel Buschmann)

9 Apr 1997 03:30:54 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

i am using GNU-Win32 version 17.1 on NT 4.0 (Service pack 2) for
Workstation. 

I have a problem with bash. The here-scripts do not work.

Something like

cat  <<EOF
Foo and bar
EOF

leads to an error message in the style: file not found with a very
suspicious filename, consisting of a long number. Even bashbug.exe
does not work due to this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
       Axel Buschmann
Gerhard-Mercator-Universitaet            [email-masked]
  Gesamthochschule Duisburg                   Voice: +49 -203/379-3018
          FB7 / FG7                             Fax: +49 -203/379-2494
      D-47048 Duisburg           (0-0)
------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".