Subject: running two cygwin apps
From: [email-masked] ("Bruce D. McLeod")

8 Apr 1997 18:21:12 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I know I have seen others complain of crashes when running two
cygwin apps simultaneously, but I thought I would add a little
more info.  I just had this happen for a gcc redirecting to a
file in one window and a tail of that file in another window.
The interesting twist is that the executables given in the crash
output were backwards.  gcc.exe was in the tail output and tail.exe
was in the gcc output.  I'll include the crash output below.

Bruce

( 1000) In cygwin_except_handler
( 1000) Exception trapped!
( 1000) exception C0000005 at 10018FFB
( 1000) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 0 dx 2E70004
( 1000) exception: si A0000F4 di 0 bp 241FAE0 sp 241FAE0
( 1000) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
( 1000) Stack trace:
( 1000) frame 0: sp = 0x241F914, pc = 0x1001282A
( 1000) frame 1: sp = 0x241F930, pc = 0x77F94072
( 1000) frame 2: sp = 0x241F954, pc = 0x77F88A53
( 1000) frame 3: sp = 0x241F9E0, pc = 0x77F75E82
( 1000) frame 4: sp = 0x241FAE0, pc = 0x1001901E
( 1000) frame 5: sp = 0x241FAF8, pc = 0x1001DEFB
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 6: sp = 0x241FB08, pc = 0x1001E45A
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 7: sp = 0x241FB1C, pc = 0x1001E00F
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 8: sp = 0x241FB5C, pc = 0x100116CA
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 9: sp = 0x241FF9C, pc = 0x10011BFF
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 10: sp = 0x241FFA8, pc = 0x40FF0C
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 11: sp = 0x241FFB8, pc = 0x401012
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 12: sp = 0x241FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1

(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) frame 13: sp = 0x241FFF0, pc = 0x0
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) End of stack trace
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\tail.exe 1000) Error while dumping state (probably corru
pted stack)

(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) Exception trapped!
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) exception C0000005 at 10018F6D
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) exception: ax 150 bx 3 cx 240FCA8 dx 2E800
04
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) exception: si 0 di A0000F4 bp 240F21C sp 2
40F210
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) Stack trace:
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 0: sp = 0x240F044, pc = 0x1001282A
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 1: sp = 0x240F060, pc = 0x77F94072
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 2: sp = 0x240F084, pc = 0x77F88A53
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 3: sp = 0x240F110, pc = 0x77F75E82
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 4: sp = 0x240F21C, pc = 0x10024C37
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 5: sp = 0x240F234, pc = 0x10029AE3
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 6: sp = 0x240F240, pc = 0x402C31
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 7: sp = 0x240F294, pc = 0x4032D9
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 8: sp = 0x240F2C8, pc = 0x10011BEB
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 9: sp = 0x240FF9C, pc = 0x10011BFF
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 10: sp = 0x240FFA8, pc = 0x4047A0
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 11: sp = 0x240FFB8, pc = 0x401012
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 12: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) frame 13: sp = 0x240FFF0, pc = 0x0
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) End of stack trace
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-I386~1\bin\gcc.exe 1001) Error while dumping state (probably corrup
ted stack)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".