Subject: GDB question
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Lanier)

8 Apr 1997 13:26:52 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.970408104543.3666A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@westmain>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Say, I'm not having much luck debugging with GDB.  I was hoping someone 
could offer a suggestion.  I'm trying to debug a DirectX app compiled 
with beta 17.1.  I have a mono monitor attached, and I was trying to 
debug via that, but whenever the input focus gets stolen, I can't use the 
debugger; it just sits there.  I was thinking that remote debugging might 
be a viable alternative, but I can't seem to find gdbserver in the 17.1 
distribution.  Has anyone attempted to use a remote debugging setup with 
gnu-win32 yet, and does anyone know where to get a working copy of gdbserver?

I also tried debugging under NT instead of Win95, and got absolutely 
nowhere, because when I link my app (using the *exact* same .o files), 
the resulting app when run causes NT to bring up a dialog stating that 
the program is 'not an NT application'.  Weird.  (And no, I'm not 
stripping the .exe file; it's about 21 MB, with symbol information.)  Any 
clues here would be appreciated as well.

- Jonathan Lanier

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".