Subject: Need help
From: [email-masked] (Admiral)

5 Apr 1997 09:17:23 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
X-Authentication-Warning: dezine.net: Host [206.170.178.240] claimed to be eric
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Original-To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I guess I must be illiterate or something, cause I can't figure out how
to download GNU GCC.  All I want is a Windows 95 C compiler.  I can't
seem to figure this out:
---
  17-to-17.1-pa...             Wed Dec 11 22:46:00 1996 Directory
  README.txt          12 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:56:00 1996 Plain Text
  all.tar.gz       10319 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  all/                         Wed Dec 11 08:54:00 1996 Directory
  bash.tar.gz        357 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  cdksrc/                      Wed Dec 11 08:55:00 1996 Directory
  cygwin-extras...     5 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  cygwin.dll        2974 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 
  diff.tar.gz         55 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  faq.txt             70 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:57:00 1996 Plain Text
  fileutils.tar.gz   230 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  findutils.tar.gz   252 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  gawk.tar.gz        524 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  grep.tar.gz         37 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  gunzip.exe          51 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 Binary
Executable
  gzip.tar.gz         48 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  ld.exe             336 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 Binary
Executable
  m4.tar.gz          101 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  sed.tar.gz          32 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  shellutils.ta...   118 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  tar.exe            164 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 Binary
Executable
  tar.tar.gz         244 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  textutils.tar.gz   229 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  time.tar.gz         10 Kb    Wed Dec 11 08:53:00 1996 GNU Zip
Compressed Data
  usersrc/                     Wed Dec 11 23:23:00 1996 Directory
---

I have no clue what's what.  tar.tar.gz!??  Is that the TAR.EXE util,
tarred and gzipped?  Will someone who IS liturate with FTP's etc. plz
help me & lemme know what I need to download, just to have a Windows 95
C compiler?

P.S. Yes, I do know how to untar and ungzip things.  The problem is I
have no clue what do download and the README.TXT didn't help me much. 
It's from ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/gnu-win32-b17.1.

Someone help me..
thanks very much,
-Admiral
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".