Subject: RE: Advice!
From: [email-masked] (Stephan Mueller)

5 Apr 1997 00:11:04 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.0.1458.8)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Nope, I wouldn't switch.

Aside from my obvious bias, working for Microsoft, there is no way you
could offer such an OS.  Heck, nobody can make an OS that's 100%
compatible with the last version of the same OS.  There is no way a
third party could build such a thing from the ground up.  So one reason
I wouldn't switch is because I wouldn't believe the claims that it
exists.

Much as I like to play with OSes for fun, I have to admit that the OS is
basically boring.  If it works to get my job done, I don't want to
upgrade.  Upgrading is always a pain.  Since NT currently serves my
needs quite well, I have no incentive to switch.  Faster? I can always
get more speed with better hardware, when I need it.  Since my current
machine is fast enough, I have no incentive to switch.  More flexible
and powerful?  I couldn't take advantage of extra features and remain
compatible with those around me, so I have no incentive to switch.
Sorry.

BTW, why do you 'need to ask?'

stephan(speaking for myself alone, not representing Microsoft in any
official capacity);

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Admiral [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Friday, April 04, 1997 10:31 AM
> To:	[email-masked]
> Subject:	Advice!
> 
> I need to ask everyone a question.  If an operating system suddenly
> appeared that was better than the windows you used in every way, and
> it
> got very very good reviews, would you switch to it?
> 
> Probably not, right?  But what if it had full application
> compatibility
> with MacOS, DOS, Windows 3.1, Windows NT4, and Windows 95 with Win97
> support planned?
> 
> If it was much faster, flexible, and powerful, would you than switch
> to
> it if it was made by a company you've never heard of;  not microsoft?
> 
> Plz let me know.
> Thnx,
> -Admiral
> -
> For help on using this list, send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".