Subject: all those man requests
From: [email-masked]

4 Apr 1997 02:14:33 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.53/R1)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

With all the requests for man/groff, here's my little addition.  I 
tried Grant Leslie's allman-cygwin32.tar.gz.  But it's made for 
systems that are not mounted in binary mode.   With a bit of his 
help, and a couple small changes to the sources, I've successfully 
built groff & man.  I put the diff files on 
ftp://ftp.ice.net/pub/home/python

Just untar the appropriate package, and do "patch < file.diff".  
Groff 1.10 is available at prep.ai.mit.edu /pub/gnu, man 1.4h from 
any linux mirros (not sure the exact location offhand).  There's also 
a patch for groff 1.09 just because I started with it.  Just run 
configure, make, and make install on the two packages.  Man needs 
configure -d.  Otherwise they compiled nicely (tons of warning is 
all).

I may get around to packaging a ready to go package of the .exe's and 
stuff.  But that probly won't be until tomorrow (or later) sometime.

John
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".