Subject: Handling ...
From: [email-masked] (Chris Cowan)

4 Apr 1997 00:41:45 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have gnutar image that I made in an OSF DFS environment.
Unfortunately, I made the image with absolute paths, so all of the
items start with the /... prefix.  I can't untar it because I can't
create a directory named /... or ...

I have tried to make folders in NT explorer, the DOS console and under
bash.   I've also tried to map /... and ... using the mount command.
None of these work.

Presently, I stymied.  Does anyone have a suggestion around this
problem?  Is there a util for editing/renaming the filepaths in a tar
image.  (This thing is big and on removable media a Jaz drive, so I
don't have a lot of leeway to make temp copies or move it back and
forth between Unix and DOS systems).

-- 
Chris Cowan                         PSW Technologies, Inc.
[email-masked]                   Distributed Computing Systems
(512) 342-3635                      6300 Bridgepoint Pkwy, Bldg 3, Suite 200
(512) 345-4976 (fax)                Austin, TX 78730

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".