Subject: Handling ...
From: [email-masked] (Chris Cowan)

3 Apr 1997 21:48:50 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have gnutar image that I made in an OSF DFS environment.
Unfortunately, I made the image with absolute paths, so all of the
items start with the /... prefix.  I can't untar it because I can't
create a directory named /... or ...

I have tried to make folders in NT explorer, the DOS console and under
bash.   I've also tried to map /... and ... using the mount command.
None of these work.

Presently, I stymied.   Does anyone have a suggestion around this
problem?  Is there a util for rename the filepaths in a tar image.
(This thing is big and on removable media, so I don't have a lot of
leeway to make temp copies).

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".