Subject: rebuilding for MIPS cross-compile
From: [email-masked] ("Russell Kadota")

3 Apr 1997 17:39:04 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC4051.0E445860.cygnus.gnu-win32@FLOUR>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello --

I'm trying to rebuild from source, hosting on NT 4, with
mips-idt-ecoff as the target.  The configure stage seemed to run
without incident.  However, during the make it failed trying
to build libgcc1-test.  Here are the last few lines from the log
file:

 (Begin logfile excerpt):

/software/cygwin/src/gcc/xgcc -B/software/cygwin/src/gcc/ -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC   -g -I./include     -c ./libgcc1-test.c

Testing libgcc1.  Ignore linker warning messages.
/software/cygwin/src/gcc/xgcc -B/software/cygwin/src/gcc/ -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC   -g -I./include  libgcc1-test.o -o libgcc1-test \
  -nostartfiles -nostdlib `/software/cygwin/src/gcc/xgcc -B/software/cygwin/src/gcc/ --print-libgcc-file-name`

libgcc1-test.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
make: *** [libgcc1-test] Error 1
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

 (end logfile excerpt).

I used od to examine the first few bytes of libgcc1-test.o, and it 
is different from all the other .o files in the directory. 
Everything else starts with 014c 0005, but libgcc1-test.o begins
with 6001 0400.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed from here.  Can
anyone shed any light on this for me?
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".