Subject: Opening COM2
From: [email-masked] (Bob Wilson)

3 Apr 1997 17:18:50 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have a program which ran correctly when compiled on a gnu-win32
package from about a year ago, but is failing when compiled with 17.1
beta.  The machine is running NT 3.51 and COM2 is connected to a
microprocessor with only td, rd and ground connected.  The open:

        if ((comfd = open("com2", O_RDWR | O_TEXT)) <= 0) {
            fprintf(stderr, "Cmd: Unable to open terminal\n");
            exit(1);
        }

hangs.  It doesn't help to tie the modem control lines high, but if I
generate a few characters on the rd line, the open completes.  In no
case is there an error return.

I have looked for this problem in the FAQ and looked for archives of
this mailing list, but both searches failed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".