Subject: elvis & vim, was Re: Does anyone have a man command??
From: [email-masked] (Chuck Bogorad)

1 Apr 1997 06:30:40 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Reply-to: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote in a message to Chuck:

 ap> I tried to build a native GNU-WIN32 version of the VI clone VIM. It
 ap> compiled but exhibited the same behavior -that is the program 
 ap> started, displayed 'Empty Buffer' and completely locked up.  I 
 ap> haven't gotten any further on this yet.

i've found one problem: for some reason it tries to read more that 1 char after 
setting the terminal to 1-at-a-time. the place is in the file src/unix.c, line 
number 2337(?). it reads:

(size_t)(INBUFLEN - inbufcount));

it should read

sizeof(char));

however, that does not solve the problem completely :(

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".