Subject: Problems building with native tools
From: [email-masked] ("Peter G. Vavaroutsos")

28 Mar 1997 17:18:53 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="---- =_NextPart_000_01BC3AFB.3876E6D0"
Original-To: "'GNU-Win32 Mailing List'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

------ =_NextPart_000_01BC3AFB.3876E6D0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

In the beta 17.1 release I have come across the following problems when =
trying to build a cross compiler with a native toolchain:

1) The gcc directory needs a symbolic link "ld -> ../ld/ld.new".

2) The native gcc appends ".exe" to output filenames if they have no =
extension. This causes problems when install.sh tries to copy "filename" =
when "filename.exe" was created by the compiler. I modified install.sh =
to look for the file with a ".exe" extension if it didn't exist. This =
fix is hacked due to problem number 3.

=20

3) The bash shell returns true for the following test when =
"filename.exe" exists and "filename" does not.

	if [ -f filename ] then
		.
		.
	fi

4) Many of the makefiles call for bison but bison is not included in the =
release. I used "make BISON=3Dbyacc" to get around this.
------ =_NextPart_000_01BC3AFB.3876E6D0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="install.sh"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BC3AFB.3876E6D0--

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".