Subject: ot: cross linking problem with g++ and gcc
From: [email-masked] (Atlas)

26 Mar 1997 21:12:09 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Got a problem. Under linux, the gnu compiler doesn't allow cross linking
of object files correctly between gcc and g++. In my case I have a large
amount of C++ files which have to be compiled under g++, on the other
hand
i have a C file using a C library. I didn't write any of the code
myself,
I am just attempting to merge the two sets of code. All my attempts to
compile the C file under g++ ended in failure. I was eventually able to
get
it to compile, but the code which originally worked, now no longer
worked
correctly. The C++ code is many many pages of code, which generates tons
of
errors under gcc. I dunno what the difference between g++ and gcc, but
apparently the output .o files are incompatible somehow. Does anyone
know
of a way, a compiler/linker option, or something else which would allow
me to link the two projects together? The linker error I get is:

undefined symbol "run" in file such and such, ect, ect.

I have the run function defined in my .cc file, and it is being called
from my .c file. The .c file has the correct prototype for the run
function but is unable to find it in the .cc file on link. If anyone
has any ideas, lets me know..

		Thank you.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".