Subject: ifstream trouble
From: [email-masked]

24 Mar 1997 01:41:23 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-VMS-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

	High,

	first my apologies, if this problem has already been reported.
	But I'am new to this group and the archives at cygnus end in
	late december....

	After much tweaking of Makefiles, I compiled the V-toolkit
	with gnuwin32 17.1 on Windows 95.

	Running ved produced a lovely access violation. I compiled again,
	this time with debugging on and loaded the program into gdb.
	I tracked it down to a crash in the ifstream constructor:
		ifstream::ifstream(char *file)
                calling fstreambase::fstreambase in
                fstream.cc.
        Problem at line 66.

	I could have gone further but I stopped at the prospect of
	downloading 20+ MB of source code, copying to disk and get
	it onto my PC. 

	Any help available on this?

				Mark Koennecke
				[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".