Subject: Getting /dev/fd0 to work
From: [email-masked] (Vijayan Rajan)

21 Mar 1997 21:37:24 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm having difficulty getting something like "dd if=/dev/fd0"
to work. I get a "No File or directory" error. On the other
hand, if the floppy contains a DOS filesystem, something lile
"cat /dev/fd0/README" works. Also, ls works on a:, \\a, and so
on.

I'm trying b17.1 on Windows NT 4.0.

Thanks in advance,

Vijayan
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Vijayan Rajan          [email-masked]          (408)-367-3263
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".