Subject: Re: Stupid stupid question :/
From: [email-masked] (" Ismael Jurado")

20 Mar 1997 13:04:37 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
X-Originating-IP: [194.179.125.138]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>I'm having problems compiling Win95 gui apps with 17.1. In the faq they
>mention using the -ssubsystem windows option to gcc OR ld, but when I do
>so I get an "invalid option" and "no such file or directory: windows"

To compile a program for the windows subsystem, you have to do only two things:

a) include the libraries you will use in the command line. The common windows
stuff is included in KERNEL32.DLL, USER32.DLL and GDI32.DLL, wich are
automaticaly included with the -mwindows option Other libraries, such advapi or
tapi must be in the command line explicitely.

b)If you don't want (and who would?) a console window to appear whit your
windows program you have to include the option --subsystem windows (not
--ssubsystem windows).

and that´s all.

[email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------
Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
---------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".