Subject: Stupid stupid question :/
From: [email-masked] (Chris Wall)

19 Mar 1997 19:50:04 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I know this has probably been hashed over several times on the list and
elsewhere, but I'm stuck...

I'm having problems compiling Win95 gui apps with 17.1. In the faq they
mention using the -ssubsystem windows option to gcc OR ld, but when I do
so I get an "invalid option" and "no such file or directory: windows"
error. There was another part of the mailing list archives/faq (don't
remember which) that mentioned using a -mwindows switch - which didn't
work for me either.

The compiler goes on its merry way, and comes to a few functions that
it's totally confused by, but I am hoping that this is because of the
lib/target problem I'm having - the program isn't my source, it's a
cheezy example program with (unfortunately) a MSVC mak file. 

Anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Christopher Wall
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".